Waymen Eddings is a community advocate and entrepreneur. He is working to improve the affordable housing and economic development environment in Kentucky. As a consultant Mr. Eddings has served media artists, media startups, and community organizations in the areas of marketing, public relations, and coalition building. As a community advocate in Louisville’s urban neighborhoods, Mr. Eddings was awarded a Key to the City for service in the Parkland neighborhood Boys and Girls Club re-opening campaign. As one of five citizen appointees to the 2012 Mayor Greg Fischer Violence Prevention Work Group, he contributed to discussions related to economic development and establishment of the Office for Safe and Healthy Neighborhoods. Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky appointed Mr. Eddings to the Martin Luther King Jr Commission, Vice Chair of the Economic Opportunity Commission, and the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels.
Mr. Eddings entered political service as a nominee for Kentucky State House, candidate for District 6, Jefferson County School Board. and candidate for 2020 candidate for the KY-3rd District US Congress nomination.
Waymen Eddings graduated from Jefferson County High School and attended DuPont Manual H.S. and Sullivan University obtaining coursework in business communications, and graphic design. He lives in Louisville, KY and is a father to five adult children. In his spare time, Mr. Eddings enjoys movie-going, visits to Louisville area public libraries, and community forums.
- 80-90’s Grew up in Park duValle neighborhood, former Cotter Homes Housing Project
- 1997 First job, Student Organizer, Peace Education Program, Inc, pioneered video
- 00-10’s Raised family in Shagbark, Fern Creek, Norfolk, and Bon Air neighborhoods.
- 2012 Co-founded the effort to restore the Parkland Boys and Girls Club
- 2012 Received a Key to the City / Mayor Greg Fischer’s Violence Prevention Work Group
- 2015 Kentucky Colonel Designee, Gov. Matt Bevin
- 2016-19 State government appointments – MLK Board, Economic Opportunity, KCAAH
- 2019 Special Assistant to the Commissioner of the Department for Juvenile Justice
- 2020 Founded Rebatissons Community Development LLC and Dipole Data LLC